Sunday, February 22, 2009

Genuinely Useful Portable Model's Photo Studio & *Marxi* Posesphere 2

"Genuinely Useful" *FREE* Portable Model's Photo Studio &
*Marxi* Posesphere 2 ...

These two studios are the work of Marx Dudek. I love these two studios for their simplicity and (of course) their price. Marx was kind enough to send me a copy of her new Photosphere 2 so I decided to include it in the same review.

The *FREE* GU Portable Model Photo Studio consists of a simple photo ball and posing stand. The interior of the photoball itself is white. If you know how to change textures, you can easily tint the interior to whatever color suits your fancy. I will usually tint mine to blue for easy cropping using GIMP or Photoshop Elements. The stand is a simple 3 prim stand that will allow you to add your own poses. The entire setup is a total of 4 prims and is fully linked. Did I mention it was FREE! It is also full perms so if you can do a bit of scripting, you can add scripts to make it better. I did some scripting and thinking it added value to the GU photoball, I contacted Marx for permission to put my version on XStreet. That is when Marx told me of the new improved version: *Marxi* Photosphere 2.

*Marxi* Photosphere 2 is a scripted version of the GU Photoball. Marx has reduced the prims in half by creating her own pose stand that is menu driven. The Photosphere itself is now scripted to change color. Clicking on the photosphere bring up the blue menu where you can pick the color you want the Photosphere to be. There are over 60 colors available. The only problem I found is that the entire photosphere changes color. I would perfer to only have the interior change. I spoke to Marx about this and she agreed and let me know she would be working on it. Marx also has a texture changer planned as a future enhancement.

The best part is the the posing stand! The menu driven pose engine that Marx provides comes with the ability to rotate your model, and select poses from the menu. The pose engine also has an auto pose and auto time feature. But as an added value, the pose stand comes with 70 new poses! This gives a total of 146 poses. I do like the new poses. Marx has been allowed to use and sell the poses in the studio. The new poses are not the freebie poses you see all around SL For the cost of the studio, you get 70 poses! Quite a bargain too me. Oh yes, Marx does charge for this studio. The $L30 she is charging fits my frugal budget.

I want to say something a bit off topic. Since it is my blog i guess I can :p
The other day, I had my photo taken by someone using one of the most expensive studios you can purchase on XStreet. The expensive studio was housed in a beautiful building, probably rented space. When I stepped on the posing stand, I was rotated through the freebie model poses you can find almost everywhere in-world. What gives??? With a little bit of work, and a small budget, you can get poses from the lucky chairs or the dollar poses at Striking Poses. Many other stores that sell poses also have samples. You can easily get 20 poses to replace the old worn out freebie poses. OK, I will get off my soap box now. (My soapbox is for sale in my store, Tracy's Basement, in Lavender Isle.)

Till next time :)

No comments: